As the new Director of Outreach and Student Happiness here at Seattle Yoga Arts (yay!), and a recent graduate of the 200-hour Immersion and Teacher Training Program, I am perhaps uniquely qualified to extol its virtues through the lens of my own experience.
I’d been itching to start a teacher training program for years, but kids and jobs kept getting in the way. When the stars finally aligned and the timing was right, I researched all the programs in the Seattle area. On paper, the program at SYA met nearly all of my requirements. In reality, it surpassed all my expectations in terms of what I would learn, how I would grow and what I would discover. Here is a glimpse of just some of what I experienced:
- A dedicated staff of passionate, innovative, highly-educated and supportive teachers
- An accessible and enlightening exploration of yogic history and philosophies
- A deeper understanding of the benefits of meditation and the encouragement and support to establish a meditation practice in my life
- The courage, the tools, the confidence and the appreciation of what it takes to hold the seat of the teacher
- An in-depth study of anatomy and alignment principles necessary to practice and teach asana in a safe and sustainable way
- A community of intelligent, inquisitive, supportive fellow yoga students with whom it was a privilege to study
Whether you have a desire to delve deeper in your personal practice or feel called to share the gifts of yoga with others, you’ll likely find what you’re looking for in the 200-Hour Teacher Training Program at Seattle Yoga Arts. Click here to learn more.